TYPE OF CARDS:
There are two types of cards in this game:
1) Game Cards: 162 Game Cards. In Each Game Card, there are four categories viz. Films, Artists, Songs and Characters. In each category, there are three to five answers to play the Game.
2) Twist Cards: 18 Twists. A “Twist” is a round/rule that you have to follow to play the Game. For e.g. Sing the song using the words “La La La”. Now each Twist will indicate the category to which it pertains viz. Films, Artists, Characters or Songs. Besides, the Twist cards are colour coded to match with these four categories for easy identification.
GAME PLAY: PLAY IN TEAMS
1) Form teams of minimum two players in each team. There can be as many teams as you want to make.
2) Shuffle the Twist cards and place them in a pile in front of everybody.
3) Place the pile of Game cards in front, and cover the top game card with the Blank card provided, so that the answers on the Game card will not be visible to any player.
4) One player from the first team will come forward to play the first Twist/round. Pick the first Twist and read it aloud.
5) Identify which category the Twist pertains to viz. Films, Artists, Characters or Songs. This is indicated on the Twist card inside the bracket.
6) Set a timer as per the time-limit, as indicated on the Twist card.
7) The player will draw the first Game Card and the time will begin. Player sees relevant section of Game card to play Twist. He or she has to help his or her team guess as many answers as they can in the given time. However, he has to make sure he follows instruction provided in the Twist and does not break them.
8) For every right answer guessed by his team, the team will get a plus point. He or she should try to solve as many answers as possible from the given category. However, if he or she can’t solve any more answers from the Game card, a new card can be drawn. There are negative scores for drawing a new card.
9) If the player solves all answers from a particular card, then he will take a new card and continue to play, till the time remains. In such a case, there will be no negative marking.
10) Once the time is up, the final score of the first team will be noted.
11) The Game cards played by the first team will be discarded and kept in a separate pile.
12) Now, the second team will come forward and play the same Twist with new Game Cards. Once, all teams have played the same Twist, a new Twist will be taken for the second round.
This way, the teams can continue to play different Twists. The teams can also choose specific Twists and play the game.
Points: +1 for each right answer. -1 when a new card is drawn without solving all answers of previous card. Highest scoring team wins.
GAME PLAY: PLAY INDIVIDUALLY
1) Individual mode is also fun & challenging. Here, one player comes forward to play the Twist. Everyone else guesses the answer at same time.
2) Next player plays the same Twist with new Game cards and others guess. This way, each player plays the Twist. Once all players have played the same Twist, new Twist can be taken.
3) It is preferable to have one person as a scorer.
Points: +1 for each right answer to player who plays Twist & to player who first guesses answer. -1 when player draws new card without solving all answers. Highest scorer wins.
Bonus Points: Bonus points can be introduced. Eg.: +2 bonus if player playing Twist gets 8 answers.
No Points: You can play Filmie without points for Entertainment, Entertainment and Entertainment!
Note: Golden era Artists are provided separately in cards 135 to 162.